Friday, July 31, 2009

Totally Making These

So while browsing around the blog world I found this blog. While searching it I found this awesome sewing project. . I am going to do a couple things different than the original. I wIll buy a template to paint the letters with, and I am making mine a little smaller.

I can not wait to make these for Penelope. After much thought of what all we could do with awesome ABC bean bags I came up with a list of things she can use them for:

Spelling
Math (I'm going to make numbers)
Matching (I am going to do 2 of each fabric)
Learning ABC's
Any bean bag throwing game
Sharing (With Malachi, her bf)
Colors

And that is just the beginning of my list. Only problem is that I want to have more than one of each letter, probably 2 and 5 of each vowel (6 E's to Spell Penelope Violet Dernier) and 2 of each number, I am adding up to around 100 bean bags! yikes. I hope this works out because I am really excited about them!

I also want to add ribbon across the tops so they can hang, and have a board to hang them on, that way she can do things standing and not just sitting on the floor. It would also make for a great place to store them instead of just in a box.

3 comments:

Lead Finger said...

Being in this stage of life, let me just say "awesome idea"! And one suggestion, make lower case letters too. Almost impossible to find at the store.

Dane and Kayla said...

i was planning on doing lowercase for all of them, and 1 uppercase. I have the squares cut out, now I just need to paint the letters on.

Ashley said...

I saw your link through to my blog! Thanks! The ones I made had uppercase on one side and lower case on the other. I'm with you....I want to make enough for my daughter to make sentences with them....that could be in the hundreds...haha. So I settled on her name first so that I would have a "stopping" point for now. Can't wait to see them!